The City of Ottawa, Illinois Board of Fire and Police Commissioners are seeking applications for qualified lateral transfer Patrol Officers.
Applications must be returned to the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners, 301 West Madison Street, Ottawa, Illinois 61350 no later than 4:30 p.m. on January 21, 2022. Oral interviews will be held on January 29, 2021.
Qualified applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully completed Basic Police Operations at a police training academy.
- Is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Has been previously employed as a full time sworn Law Enforcement Officer by any municipal, county, university or state law enforcement agency and has been with their respective law enforcement agency within the State for at least 2 years
- Has completed their probationary period with their current employer.
- Is in good standing with the police department in which the applicant serves.
- Possess the knowledge, skills, abilities, and level of experience required pursuant to the call for qualified lateral transfer applicants; and
- Shall be under the age of 35 years. The age limitation is subject to the exceptions set forth in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6(a) regarding veterans who served on active military duty and 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6(d) regarding any policeman previously employed in any municipality, any person who has served as an auxiliary police officer under Section 3.1-30-20 for at least 5 years and is under 40 years of age, any person who has served as a deputy under Section 3-6008 of the Counites Code, or any person who has served as a sworn officer as a member of the Illinois State Police.
For complete information: APPLICATION PACKET