2020 Leaf Vac Program
Leaf Vacuum Update
November 23, 2020
City leaf vacuum crews are beginning their second pass through the City in Areas W-1 and S-1 this week. Work will proceed through areas W-2 and W-3 and also S-2 through S-4. Residents are advised to use caution when traveling on streets in these areas and to be aware for periodic road closures. Please drive slowly when passing City crews for their safety and yours.
Yard waste dumpsters will be available through November 29, 2020. Any remaining yard waste should placed in the dumpsters by that date.
Residents are reminded of the following:
- All vacuuming work to remove leaves from berms is dependent on the weather and equipment.
- Rake leaves to the berm but NOT into the streets. Placing leaves or lawn debris into streets is a violation of City Ordinance.
- Piles should be leaves only. Vac units cannot handle branches or
- City workers do not “skip” piles and they will not come back to get
leaves that have been raked out after the vac-units have passed by.
- Units cannot reach around vehicles parked on the street.
- As a friendly reminder, plastic bags are prohibited in the yard
waste dumpsters and at the dumpster site.