City of Ottawa-Riordan Pool Manager
Position: Pool Manager-Seasonal
Salary: $8,000 starting salary.
Position is FMLA exempt
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a letter of application to:
301 West Madison Street
Ottawa, Illinois 61350
OR email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes are due on or before April 23, 2021.
· 2 years in management or supervision of young workers
· Be certified and maintain current Life-guarding, CPR Professional Rescuer, and First Aid through American Red Cross, YMCA or equivalent organization.
· A strong background in budgeting, education, and athletics is desirable
· A strong background in public relations is desirable as you will be dealing with patrons on a daily basis
· Able to lead a staff of 15-25 pool employees
· Able to provide written summaries of financial accounts and management decisions to the City Rec Board
- The pool Manager will oversee daily operation of the pool including staff, concessions, training, and income. They will report to the Recreation Director.
- Work closely with the Pool Maintenance Manager in order to comply with all local, state, and federal regulations on pool chemical readings, pump/filter operation and any necessary documentation.
- Prepare the annual budget including salaries, gate income, and income/expense of concession stand.
- Work with Captain of the guard to hire pool staff. This will include certified lifeguards or concession staff.
- Prepare staff schedule and oversee staff in their performance of daily duties.
- Prepare and maintain a staff manual which includes: staff rules, pool/slide/dive rules, emergency action plans for major/minor emergencies & spinal for all areas of the facility: pool, Locker rooms, concession stand. Manual should include procedures on in-service training, weather, pool closed days, and staff needing time off.
- Oversee depositing of income on a daily basis & submit monthly reports to the rec board.
- Submit invoices on a daily basis. Monitor income/expenses and report significant deviations to the Rec Director.
- Make sure all equipment is good working condition and replace as needed.
- Supervise all staff and make recommendations for hiring, re-hiring, and termination.
- Good communication with the Rec Director on a daily basis.
- 2 days off per week with these conditions: Cannot be 2 consecutive days or 2 weekend days unless OK’d by Rec Director and assistant managers are able to cover. Should work 70% of the hours the pool is open.
- Work with Rec Director & board on pool public relations.
- Train assistant mangers and staff and review their duties on a regular basis.
- Oversee staff continuing education and physical fitness preparedness.
- Attend Recreation Board Meetings in May, June, July, August, and September. The board meets the second Thursday of every month at 7pm at Ottawa City Hall.