Meeting Schedule: Quarterly
Meeting Location: City Hall
Meeting Time: To be determined
# of Members: Six (6)
Length of Term: years
There is hereby established an electrical commission which shall consist of six members as follows:
(1) The electrical inspector shall be a member and ex-officio chairman.
(2) A registered electrical contractor.
(3) A licensed electrician employed by a firm other than that of the contractor member.
(4) A representative of the bureau of fire prevention or the chief of the fire department.
(5) A representative of the electrical power distribution company that serves the city.
(6) A licensed professional engineer.
The members shall be appointed for a term of four years by the mayor with the advice and consent of the city council. The electrical inspector shall serve on the electrical commission without additional compensation therefore. The members shall receive no compensation as members of the commission.
The electrical commission shall meet at least quarterly. Meetings must be conducted according to Robert’s Rules of Order.
(Ord. No. O13-2008, § 1, 4-1-2008)
Sec. 22-84. Duties of the electrical commission.
The electrical commission shall recommend:
(1) Safe and practical standards and specifications for the installation and use of electrical equipment designed to meet the necessities and conditions that prevail in the city.
(2) Reasonable rules and regulations governing the issuance of permits by the electrical inspection department.
(3) Reasonable fees to be paid for the inspection by the inspection department of all electrical equipment installed or altered within the city.
(4) Applicants for licensing who have satisfactorily demonstrated by written examination adequate knowledge and experience to perform electrical work.
(5) The questions to be used in the electrical exam and establish rules governing the conduct of the examination process.