Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
Meeting Schedule: 2nd Wednesday of each month
Meeting Location: City Hall
Meeting Time: 11:00 a.m.
# of Members: Three (3)
Length of Term: 3 years
The rule-making authority of the board of fire and police commissioners of the city shall include the power to make rules pertaining to the following subjects:
(1) The conduct of examinations for the original appointment of police officers and firefighters.
(2) The conduct of examinations for promotions.
(3) The conduct of hearings on charges brought against members of the fire and police departments.
(4) The operation of the fire and police departments.
(5) The conduct of members of the fire and police departments.
(6) Any other aspect of the operations of the board or the fire and police departments authorized by statute.
Rules and Regulations of the City of Ottawa, State of Illinois Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
Revised: September 14, 2022
Effective: October 3, 2022